Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Direction Part 2

So I got to Jase's house early with my note pad just biting at the bit to hear more about solving my "death problem" but deep in my soul somewhere i just knew that I was about to encounter someone or something that would change my life....and for the better!

We got started and the first thing he did was ask me another question " If your life was a publically traded company and you were the CEO up untill now would the board of directors extend your contract or fire you?"

And again I said...."HUH"! Then I thought for a minute and it was a fairly easy answer..they would FIRE me! Jase just laughed and said "Lets see what the Bible says about that and leave that decision up to you".

We spent the next 2 or 3 hours studying who Jesus is, what he did while he was here and why it was important to me. Jason showed me The Gospel of Jesus Christ in a non-judgemental and non-religious way. He answered every question that I had by using the words of Jesus or showing me how the people closest to Jesus lived after his death, burial and resurection. Minute by minute the fog of war....the emotional consequences of my sin...began to melt away and I saw clearly for the first time in my life!

Afer reading Romans 6 I knew exactlty what needed to happen next and I was READY to bury the old Steve and get started with my new life in Christ! I was stunned to find out that Jesus came for the broken ones just like me. Here I thought, up until then, that I had to "get right" before God would want anything to do with me......I am so glad that is not the case!

I was Baptized about Midnight that night and things have never been the same!

I spent the next 3 1/2 years going through many ups and downs. ...but mostly ups! I got to spend every Sunday night siiting in Phil Robertson's living room singing hymns.....hearing him teach a lesson and eating some really good Louisiana cooking. I also saw what true Christianity was about and watched it work in my life an the lives of many others....for what ever reason...God knew that was the environment I needed in order to succeed!

So now what? This is where it starts to get really good! Around Christmas of 1999 Phil asks me "Conover....you think you can write a couple songs for my next DVD?"

Tune into the next blog to see where the story goes......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something positive about Hunting & Fishing for the Hardcore Huntin' & Fishin' Nation!