Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New Direction?

Hello Everyone!

Many of you know that I am working on a new CD of Southern Gospel songs to be released in April, 2011....what you don't know is WHY?

January 23rd, 1997 was a day and night that I will surely never forget. I was eating dinner in West Monroe, Louisiana with family and friends when the doorbell rang. It was some high school friend's, of my wife's cousin, Harold Strange asking if he wanted to go fishing on the Ouchita River that night. He turned and asked me if I wanted to go and I replied sure! Having just moved there I was looking forward to meeting new people and man....did I sure meet some amazing new people!

So we loaded up into a few pick up trucks and headed down to the river. We the piled into two 16ft 48" wide flat bottom boats and headed up river north of West Monroe to a sand bar just after a bend in the Ouachita River. It was a great night and a great set up for catching fish....or maybe even men?

I had just settled into a comfortable spot with a bag of Doritos and a Dr Pepper and was waiting in anticipation of catching my first big ole flat head catfish...when out of the corner of my eye I see a bearded young man approach and sit beside me. This man was Jason Robertson also known as Jase of the Duckmen of Louisiana fame...I had no clue who he was other than a nice guy with a really big beard! He asked me where I moved from and other chit chat and then....out of nowhere....he said Conover....have you done anything about your death problem yet?

Time stopped.....it seemed for eternity......and I said...huh? Jase just laughed and said I'll take that as a NO! He said " If you don't even know you have a death problem there's no way you would know what to do about it!"

I said "That's makes sense to me"...I was wanting' to get back to catching fish you know! But I just couldn't let it alone and had to ask "How do you know I have a death problem?". That was all Jase needed to start asking me a bunch of questions where I basically admitted that so far in life all I had managed to do was, for the most part, screw things up completely!

When we left late that night I asked Jason if we could meet and talk more about solving my death problem and we set up a study for the next night. He told me to bring a note pad and be ready to ask a bunch of questions. He also promised that our study would not end until all of my questions were answered. I was so excited I know I didn't get more than a few hours of sleep! This was the first time in my life that someone actually loved me enough to tell me the TRUTH and do it in a non-judgemental way!

Part 2 of "A New Direction" will continue in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something positive about Hunting & Fishing for the Hardcore Huntin' & Fishin' Nation!